Thursday, June 21, 2007

Pet Portrait



I finished this painting tonight. I am so happy it is done LOL! This was a beloved dog of dear neighbours of my parents. The dog recently passed away. She was their baby, a wonderful dog, part Rottweiler. I hope they like it. Click the painting to enlarge. I painted from a scanned neighbourhood calendar so I had to basically fudge everything, highlights, eyes, background. They live right on the beach and the background is "me" remembering being there on their beach. Not too hard, I was raised a beach kid LOL! I loved living on Lake Ontario... except during smelt season...ewwww. The look of the water constantly changes. Here is the scan:

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Tracey these are phenomenal! I am way beyond impressed. Some of the best pet portraits I have seen!

Hugs,
Lisa