Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

It is a wonderful rainy day for Christmas. I don't mind as I have seen enough snow this season and you don't have to shovel rain LOL! I hope though we get some snow for the kids to enjoy for the rest of the holidays. I am 3 hours south of my residence at the moment. So it may be snowing at home. The turkey is ready early and we are enjoying company and my parents. Rosey is attempting to play with a new reluctant friend, a miniature poodle. I don't blame him though, she has no manners LOL!


Here is another card. I used antique linen and shabby shutter distress inks to antique the Christmas Rose with some clear glaze pen on the berries and stardust pen here and there and on the frame. The backing paper is a plain greenish beige I got from a dollar store, CB embossed, then I tapped on some versamark and brushed on some moonglow powder. The mica powder I used is rusty at one angle and shines green the other way... so lovely.
Thank you so much for the Christmas wishes we received. And to those who have applied for the DT positions. Oh my goodness, you are all so talented. I will have my work cut out for me trying to pick when I return home!
Hope everyone is having a joyous and blessed holiday season!
:) * Fred

7 comments:

marysanders123 said...

What a lovely christmas csrd Fred! And how giving of you to take time out during your family time at Christmas to post a card for us, Thank you so much for all you do!

Season's Greetings
Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas to you!

Gorgeous card!

Carolivy said...

Breathtaking Tracey! Wish you were closer so you could give me pointers on the Versamark! I just can't get the hang of it! :-(
It is raining here too. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday with your family and a safe drive home.
Hugs
Carol

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous!! What is moonglow dust? I have lots of pearl ex and fairy dust and powdered pearls, is that what you are talking about?

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful card, love the flowers and the background is perfect for them!

Maggie said...

Oh my Tracie! This card is absolutely gorgeous. Such a talented lady you are! I must have missed the email for the DT search and I'm on vacation away from home. How long are you running it?

Tracey Lynn 'Fred' Miller said...

Maggie, the DT call is post DEC 21 on my blog. If you email today I will take a look :) I am making my selections tomorrow DEC 29

Hugs, Tracey